Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Finally Recovering

I finally know why I have been so sick these last two weeks.  Yesterday, I felt like I was going to die so I went to the ER, despite not having health insurance.  They must have thought it was pretty bad, because they wheeled me back pretty fast.  Next followed blood and urine tests, a sonogram, and a CT scan of my abdomen.  Within 2 hours, they had a culprit.  I had a urinary tract infection and a blockage in one of the arteries leading into my left kidney.  They set me up with an IV of antibiotics and sent a urine sample to a lab to determine what bacteria caused the infection in my kidney.  My own research into the condition has shown me two possible causes, Staph or E.Coli bacteria.  I won't know until my tests come back.  So for now I am resting and taking my medicine.  Its very hard to rest when I have so many responsibilities, but my girls have been great and Arwen even made dinner for herself and her sister.  I love it that they are older now!

I hope everyone is doing good.  Say your prayers of thanks tonight for health, happiness, and prosperity.

No comments:

Post a Comment