Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 22, 2009 - Stomach Flu and Dirty House

Its a combination of bad and bad. First, the meds are still kicking my ass. Then, my husband gets the stomach flu on Sunday afternoon. Its inevitable that when you live in a small house of 4 people, that everyone is eventually going to get sick. So, my oldest daughter got sick Sunday night. I got sick Monday night, and my other daughter got sick a few hours after me. It was such a mess, I ended up hand-washing most of the sheets and hanging them out the window to dry. Today, I still feel incredibly bad. I still feel nauseous and the meds still keep me in a daze. Will I ever feel better? I went to WIC this morning for my re-certification. My younger daughter Selene is in the 33 percentile for height, and 32 for weight, so she is proportionate, a little below average. I liken her to a dwarf, like her paternal grandfather, short and stubby. I love her to death, she is the cuddle bug. I think we both got sick at the same time because while I was resting, she crawled on the couch next to me and took a nap. At least, both of my girls are no cured and jumping around like nothing ever happened. I wish I could rebound so fast. Our trip to NYC this weekend had to be cancelled. Our budget relies on my husband's unreliable hours, and since he didn't make enough hours last week, we can't go. We are really bummed about it. I was looking forward to the 3 hour drive through scenic territory and seeing his family for the first time since our wedding 6 years ago. It would have been a nice weekend trip, but we are pushing it until later this summer, hopefully.So far, the medication seems to be working on the depression. I haven't cried since Saturday, which is something of a record for me. I am still dazed, and I hope that these secondary side effects will go away so I can just feel good. The sleep aid is working great, I sleep good at night and I don't wake up feeling groggy like I used to. The anxiety is a problem for me still. I have been feeling anxious, but I haven't taken the medication for it yet because I heard that oral contraceptives increase their effectiveness. So I am going to talk to the psychiatrist first to see what I can do. So with the side effects and the stomach flu, I have not cleaned my house in three days! I managed to get the trash out this morning, but the floor needs swept and mopped, girls room needs cleaning, and I need to pick up the shredded paper and clothing they have left around. I have so much to clean and I do not feel strong enough to even raise my head. Maybe by tomorrow or Friday I will be strong enough, then I will have the house to do and laundry. The life of a mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment